The Velenje Stadium is one of the larger sports facilities in Velenje and the largest open-air exercise area in the town. The stadium, which was built in 1955, is situated near the Škale lake, just over 3 kilometres from the town centre.
The stadium complex is comprised of the following:
- the main green encircled by an athletic track with eight lanes made of man-made materials (the building also boasts artificial lighting),
- covered stands with 1,864 seats; the building also houses a small fitness facility that can be used by the sportspersons,
- sports changing rooms and a building for storing sports equipment and maintenance devices
- a 65 x 100 metre pitch with artificial turf (the building boasts artificial lighting),
- an ancillary green,
- a tarmacked area for mini football or handball and
- a tarmacked area for basketball.
The Velenje Stadium operates year-round. The sports surfaces and athletic track are open between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.